This is andhra special. This can be served as side dish for
ven pongal or just make plain dhal and rice. This kothsu will
be good companion.
bitter guard : 250 gms,
Channa dhal : 1 cup
urad dhal : 1 cup
red chillies : 7
lemon sized tamarind soaked.
sesame seeds (preferably white one) 50 gms.
curry patha - few
haldi, salt, to taste.
oil 1 spoon
1. Dry fry the dhal and chill and keep it aside.
2. fry the sesame seeds also.
Once it cool put them in the blender and powder it.
3. keep a kadai, add oil, once the oil is heated
add the bitter guard and fry well.
then add the imli water and allow it to boil.
4. Add haldi and salt and allow the bitterguard
to cook nicely.
5. Then add the powder into it.
6. Once the oil comes out of the kadai add some
jaggery and mix well.
yummy kothsu is ready