variety. I am sharing my method of making jeera rice.
1. cumin seeds (jeera/jeeragam) - 2 table spoon,
2. curry leafs - little
3. cashewnut - 10
4. Basmati or normal rice - 2 cups
5. Salt to taste.
6.Ghee - 2 tables spoons
7. water- 4 cups.
1. Take the pressure cooker. keep it in the stove.
2. Add ghee. Fry the cashew, add jeera, curry leafs and
then add the washed rice. fry for a while and then add
water and salt. (if u like u can add very little heeng/perungayam)
3. cover it with the lid and wait for 2 whistle. Turn off
the stove. After the steam release jeera rice is ready.
U can serve with any vegetable gravy curry (peas paneer,
vegetable kurma, aloo kuruma) or even dhal dhadka will be
best companion for this dish.